Bees Are Amazing
Updated: Mar 27, 2019
Imagine for a second a scenario in which you were simultaneously:
* caring for a newborn that needed constant care
* building a house with your own hands
* having to fight off people trying to break into your home
* still responsible for normal cooking and cleaning
Stressful- right? Yet this is what a honey bee colony does every single day. On top of that, every single thing they produce is beneficial in some way!
Benefits Of Beeswax
Beeswax is an excellent addition to cosmetic products, for many reasons.
* When used in lotions and creams, beeswax creates a barrier which helps to seal moisture into the skin. This is especially beneficial in lip chap during the dry winter months.
* This barrier also helps to protect the skin from environmental toxins and irritants.
* Unlike petroleum jelly, which is used in a large variety of beauty products, beeswax will not “suffocate” the skin, but rather, allow it to breathe while still providing a protective barrier.
* Beeswax helps to thicken homemade cosmetics and lotions because it is solid at room temperature and has a relatively high melting point of 147 degrees Fahrenheit. This is especially helpful in recipes that include high amounts of coconut oil, which has a low melting point, or other oils that are liquid at room temperature.
* Beeswax also has Vitamin A, which improves hydration to the skin and promotes cell regeneration.